Bring your outdoor gardens and landscape to life
Start your project off on the right foot with the best topsoil for the job. Topsoil plays an important part in determining the overall health of planting and gardening. Top soil isn’t just for making certain your plants are receiving enough nutrients, rather it is important to choose the correct topsoil for your plants to ensure correct soil drainage and water retention. Top soil at times is confused with potting soil and used in situations where it should not be. Top soil works best in outdoor gardens while potting soil should be used for container-based or indoor plants. Top soil can be a wonderful place to begin new plant growth, as long as the proper preparations or additives are made. An additional benefit of top soil is that it may be used to fill in any low areas in your garden or outdoor plantings.
Other common names for top soil: loam, sandy loam, black dirt
A yard of Top Soil covers approximately 100 square feet at 2-3″ thick and weighs roughly 1.2 tons
*Please be aware that soil does compact and will settle about 1/2″-1″ upon rain and watering application
Here are some examples of what companies and homeowners have used Big Earth Potting Soil for:
- outdoor gardens
- filling in or grading low areas of gardens or outdoor planting areas
- outdoor landscaping
- top dressing for fill dirt
- soil base for laying sod
- soil for growing plants and vegetables
- mixing with compost and potting soil
- creating outdoor gardenscapes
- soil base for mixing in soil additives
- and much more
- Smaller Pickup Trucks (Ranger/Tacoma/S10/Mazda B pickup/Chevy Colorado) 0.25 – 0.5 yard
- Mid-Standard Sized Pickup Trucks: (Tundra/Titan/F150) 0.75 – 1 yard
- Silverado/Ram/F250: 1 – 1.5 yards
- F350/Larger Ram Trucks/Larger Dodge Trucks: 1.5 – 2 yards
- Dumptrucks: Recommended to be preloaded for total weight capacity
***If you have never loaded your truck with bulk material before: We recommend you stop in at the front desk and request a preload to find out the safest and most optimal weight load your truck can hold. You may leave a credit card with someone at the front desk to hold, proceed around to the loading area, observe as the tractor loads your vehicle, then go back to the front desk and cash out.
Bulk Top Soil is delivered in a dump truck or in super sacks
Upon check out please note that bulk materials are understood to be delivered in a Dumptruck unless otherwise arranged.
If it is desired to arrange delivery in super sacks: a super sack must be purchased for each yard of bulk material, in addition, to the purchase of a flat-rate delivery fee.
I'm not sure how much my vehicle can hold
Preload the product to see how much weight or how much product your vehicle can hold.
Preloading the product to see how much weight or how much product your vehicle can hold is a wise decision. Those whom have never loaded landscaping materials before or if you are sending your employees to pick up and product but aren’t sure how many yards their truck can take then getting preloaded is the solution for you!
Preloading is the solution to many loading predicaments:
- How many bags of mulch will fit in my trunk?
- Not Sure how many pieces of sod will fit in your car?
- Not sure how many or have never had bulk items dumped into the back of your truck?
- It just rained and I’m not sure how many yards of dirt my truck will hold.
- I want to safely transport as many bags of beach pebble as I can but am afraid it may be too heavy
Remember! It is easier to come back and make a second trip than it is to replace your truck! Please be present during all preloads and communicate to the Big Earth Team when you are satisfied with the amount of product loaded. Big Earth reserves the right to refuse loading at our discretion. Safety is first and foremost and if conditions are deemed unsafe, we have the right to refuse to load.
- Walk into any of our locations and visit the front desk
- Let a Big Earth Team Member know you need to be preloaded and what type of material you wish to get preloaded
- Leave a credit card to be held with the Team Member at the front desk while you are being preloaded
- Proceed around to the loading area
- Observe as tractor, machine or team member loads your vehicle
- Go back to the front desk and cash out