What is comand?
A unique turbocharged compost, COMAND restores soil health by
microbial inoculation and stabilization, creating the perfect growing
environment for your lawn, flowers, vegetables or citruses.
landscaping with the future in mind
improve soil health
create the perfect growing environment
ADVANCED NATURAL TOPDRESSING & SOIL BUILDER
- Improved Turf Performance
- Holds Nutrients
- Supplies Microbes
- Saves Water
Restore the natural microbial ecosystem in your soil and watch your turf become greener, thicker and stronger in as little as two weeks!
COMAND is a mature product that is carefully prepared to be highly beneficial to both plant growth and soil biology. With an extensive range of skills, our team of executives and specialists at Life Soils, offers the very best in technical assistance, as well as, a vast practical expertise spanning the fields of composting, microbiology, agronomy, horticulture and agriculture.
COMAND is truly a one-of-a-kind, bio-engineered, yet completely natural organic amendment, which can be utilized to replace peat in sand-based rootzone mixes for golf course and sports field construction.
With its stabilized organic matter, excellent water holding capabilities, slow release nutrients, and vitally important microbiology, COMAND will accelerate turf establishment and encourage consistent healthy growth.
Benefits of using COMAND
- Supplies stabilized organic matter
- Improves soil structure and porosity, thus creating a better plant root environment
- Increased root density and length
- Increases moisture infiltration and permeability, thus helping to maintain percolation rates and relieve compaction
- Improved water holding in light soils, providing greater drought resistance and more efficient water utilization
- Unlike peat, COMAND will rehydrate fully, should it temporarily dry out
- Increases cation-exchange capacity (CEC), thus, improving the ability of the soil to hold nutrients
- Supplies beneficial microorganisms
- Aids the proliferation of soil microbes, which assist in Thatch reduction
- Contains humus, assisting in soil aggregation and making nutrients more available to plants
- Buffers soil pH
- Improved wear tolerance, promotes faster turf establishment and recovery rates
- More even turf density and color, green-up without excessive top growth
- Complimentary to other management programs, provides for more efficient utilization of fertilizers and other inputs
New Construction: COMAND can be utilized to replace peat as the organic component of a sand-based rootzone media for golf course and sports field construction. COMAND provides saturated hydraulic conductivity and total porosity that meets USGA recommendations. can also be incorporated into existing soils to greatly improve characteristics and accelerate turf establishment.
Maintenance: COMAND can be utilized for topdressing fairways, tees, greens, sports fields, lawns, and as a component of divot mixes. It will encourage consistent growth and regeneration of damaged turf, boost performance in weak areas, improve strength and rate of germination when overseeding, can accelerate transition from winter dormancy, and will hold moisture in potentially problematic dry areas, such as mound tops and bunker faces.
Completely Natural Process
COMAND is naturally produced through the controlled aerobic, biological decomposition of biodegradable materials. No chemicals or synthetic nutrients are added. The product has undergone thermophilic temperatures, which destroys pathogens and weed seeds, and stabilizes the carbon such that it is highly beneficial to plant growth. After your lawn is treated with COMAND feel free to Keep ON the Grass!
Don’t just feed your plants
RESTORE YOUR SOIL
Your soil should ideally contain a balance of minerals, organic matter, gases, water and organisms that together support plant life. Sadly, our homes are often built on compacted subsoils and our agricultural soils have largely become depleted.
COMAND can help restore the soil ecosystem by providing all-important organic matter and beneficial microbes so crucial to soil health. With millions of aerobic bacteria and miles of fungi in just one teaspoon of COMAND, a little bit packs a very powerful punch!