Fill dirt is a simple, but often overlooked aspect of getting the best results from your landscape and gardening. Contrary to popular belief, fill dirt isn’t just any dirt, but is typically comprised of subsoil which is located beneath the topsoil that we see on a day to day basis. Fill dirt is created by removing soil, often from leveling at a construction site and then in turn used in another area. While fill dirt is often associated with large projects such as highway construction or maintenance it is also popular in new home construction in order to build up the construction area to reduce the potential of flooding. For homeowners and landscapers, fill dirt is used on a much smaller scale. In Tampa Bay, fill dirt is typically used for projects such as pools, waterfalls, to change the landscape around a property or simply to fill in holes.
A yard covers approximately 100 square feet at 2-3″ thick and weighs roughly 1.2 tons
*Please be aware that Fill Dirt does compact and will settle about 1/2″-1″ upon rain and watering application
- Fill in holes
- Fill in swimming pools (use sand as a foundation for putting above ground pools on top of)
- Base of flower beds under garden soil
- Base dressing of shed foundations
- Major grading
- Walkway foundation
- Driveway foundation
- Temporary construction lots
- and much more
- Smaller Pickup Trucks (Ranger/Tacoma/S10/Mazda B pickup/Chevy Colorado) 0.25 – 0.5 yard
- Mid-Standard Sized Pickup Trucks: (Tundra/Titan/F150) 0.75 – 1 yard
- Silverado/Ram/F250: 1 – 1.5 yards
- F350/Larger Ram Trucks/Larger Dodge Trucks: 1.5 – 2 yards
- Dumptrucks: Recommended to be preloaded for total weight capacity
***If you have never loaded your truck with bulk material before: We recommend you stop in at the front desk and request a preload to find out the safest and most optimal weight load your truck can hold. You may leave a credit card with someone at the front desk to hold, proceed around to loading area, observe as tractor loads your vehicle, then go back to front desk and cashout.
Fill Dirt is a loose product which is delivered in a dump truck or in super sacks
Upon check out please note that bulk materials are understood to be delivered in a Dumptruck unless otherwise arranged.
If it is desired to arrange delivery in super sacks: a super sack must be purchased for each yard of bulk material in addition to purchase of flat rate delivery fee.