Extinguish® Plus (Fire Ant Control)
Highly attractive to fire ants
EPA Reg. #2724-496
This effective combination fire ant product, Extinguish® Plus fire ant bait controls and kills existing ants while preventing new colonies from forming. Containing both the powerful adulticide, Hydramethylnon to provide a quick knockdown and insect growth regulator (IGR), (S)-methoprene to affect the queen’s reproductive system, this powerful fire ant control tool provides a unique two-way killing action.
- Eliminates colonies, hidden and visible
- Kills the queen and worker ants
- Stops young colonies from developing into problem colonies
- Prevents mound movement and colony relocation
- Starts killing ants immediately after ingestion
Controls and eliminates colonies without colony relocation
Two-way action ensures complete control of fire ants
- Combines knockdown and long-lasting control
- Kills the queen and prevents rebound
- Kills problem worker ants
Approved for use on
Approved for indoor and outdoor use
- residential turf and landscapes
- commercial nurseries
- where cattle and horses graze with no worries about withdrawal periods
- around saplings and non-fruit bearing trees
USDA Quarantine Approved
Can be used as a broadcast application or used to treat individual mounds
- For individual mound treatments, apply at a rate of 2 to 5 level tablespoons distributed evenly around the mound. Take care not to disturb the mound when applying.
- Broadcast application: 1.5lb per acre
- Broadcast applications are more efficient than individual mound treatments because developing mounds cannot be seen due to their small size. These applications can be made with spreaders. Just spread Extinguish® Plus bait at a rate of 1.5 lbs per acre through a 1/8” gate on your spreader.
How to be Effective
Extinguish® Plus bait is more attractive to fire ants when it is dry. Apply it at least six hours after a rain event and do not water for 24 hours after application. For best results, always read and follow label directions before applying.
Timing is everything!
Extinguish® Plus bait is the most effective when the fire ants are actively foraging for food. To determine this, place several crushed “oil fried” potato chips several feet out around a fire ant mound. Usually, within 10-15 minutes, ants will show signs of foraging activity.